Sunday, 7 December 2014

Remember December

You don't just fall in love with people,
you can fall in love with non-living things too.
And... it is better to fall for the latter because
your heart & mind  will work better. 
They won't contradict with each other. I suppose.
 
Assalamualaikum silent readers :)

Ive just started my sem break a week ago & so far it has been a hectic week...
I couldnt enjoy my sleep for now....... cus I am very worried of my results.
I am just hoping for a pass. Aamiin. (I hope everyone pass, aamiin)
Honestly, I really don't have a plan B, but I do know everyone should have 1...

Have you ever fall in love with something over time? I know this phrase may sound cliche, but
I have..but not with a person. ok.  I have fallen in love with my course. 
Let me explain so I do not sound WEIRD. 

ok so..first things first. Unlike some of my friends, I never wanted to be a doctor when I was little. 
Why? cus I honestly dont think I can make it. My ambition was actually quite vague... I wanted to be a successful woman. Thats all. When I finished 6th form & apply for my course in uni, it was actually my parents who asked my to do medicine. At first, I really don't want to do it cus Ive never thought about taking it at first.... But then, someone actually changed my mind. It was my last day of attachment in the lab and I went to talk to one of the doctors & ask her what medicine was like. And from that moment I knew that I wanted that job. "To help people, to save lives, that 'feeling' when someone's suffering is relieved because of you". Yeah, that kind of job. And ofcourse, it was God who opened my heart.

Medicine is a grey area, and that is what makes it hard... and interesting. And my feelings for this course was "grey" during the 1st sem of Year 1. As time goes by... I found some doctors* who inspired me with their passion for their job. They became my inspiration, my motivation.. & I hope I can be like them one day.. inshaAllah. I promise I will work harder next sem (if I pass this sem, Aamiin!). I hope to be an aspiring oncologist one day.... cus I am very into cancer and anything related to it.

If I manage to graduate & officially hold the title, I would like to change some skeptical thoughts the public have such as:
1) doctors like to operate people cus they will get paid more (not all doctors are like that.. okay)
2) doctors always prescribe alot of medicine. they are only killing us, not curing us!
3) they dont care about us
4) they are idiots
5) it is their fault!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Dr Anwar Fazal & Dr Beni inspires me with their meaningful tweets. They treat their patients as human being & I can see their sincerity in the sacrifices (time, life, etc) they made for strangers that need their help. 



Thats all from me for now, inshaAllah will update as often as possible.
Till next time, InshaAllah.
 

0 comments: