Wednesday, 22 May 2019

You are not everyone’s cup of tea, and that’s okay.

Assalamualaikum.

All the love you have given to the wrong people- it will find its way back to you- from the right people at the right time.

Whether it’s a job that you’ve been dreaming of, or just something, or someone that you’ve set your heart to. When they are meant for us, they will come, eventually. And everything is just as Allah planned. All will come, in time. Perhaps you may have been delayed, but you have not been denied. 

Perhaps a chance that you thought you deserve, it might give you bigger damage than the catastrophe that you are facing now. And perhaps, it might be one of the hidden blessings that Allah bless you with. 

Every cloud has a silver lining. As a Muslim, we were told to believe that everything that we are facing in life is a test; every calamity and moments of happiness. Recently, I stumbled upon a video regarding why we got tested. The person said that perhaps it’s for us to learn how to be (more) patient and to train our mind to see good in every situation. What hit me close to home was the fact that he stated that how we kept on praying to be granted for Jannah, and maybe our deeds aren’t enough for that, and thus from the calamities, we learn how to be steadfast – and from here we gain pahala, compensating from the ones we lost (from the sins, from the solat and fasting that we performed that wasn’t close to perfect). 

I am far from perfect, only a human being who is still searching for that inner peace, and still trying to improve herself day by day. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t complain when all of these has been happening to me. Everything actually made me question my self-worth, as a student, as a woman, as a friend, as a daughter & as a Muslim. It’s a moment of realisation that made me fathom the true colours of people around me. Those that truly care, those who supports me in silence, and unfortunately those who don’t. And to those that gave me hope and left me feeling disappointed, it is also a reminder to me not to put hope on people but God. It is also a hard pill for me to swallow, but I finally accept that all of these are a test from God. 

I am honestly hurt, but the only mature thing to do is redha and pray for better days. It is a soft reminder from Allah that I might have been slacking, and maybe He want me to turn back to Him and ask for better things. We plan and Allah plan, and Allah is the best of all planners. 

Thanks,

Nabilah Sofian.

0 comments: